We picked the kids up from school on November 7Th at 2:30. They had no idea why we were there early or where we were going. The 2ND picture is their expressions when we told them where we were going. We already had the van loaded and off we went.
Cody had the backseat to himself to start then felt a little car sick so he moved up and joined Kaelyn.
Kaelyn is all ways happy to draw or color and I had printed of some High School Musical posters for her and Holly packed all the art supplies so she was set.
After our 41/2 hour drive we dropped our bags and headed to Ripley's Believe It or Not. Jake had been waiting all 10 of his long years to visit this place. When we arrived the sign said "Winter Hours closed at 8:00". I had 8:02, luckily we have very sad looking faces and a wonderful gentleman let us come on in. WHEW that was a close one, we would have found time for it later in the weekend but we had a lot planned.
We just thought Cody was tall. Here he is by the tallest man.
We just thought Cody was tall. Here he is by the tallest man.
Jake found the largest man pretty funny!
Then we went to the Trail of Lights. Beautiful!
Saturday morning started off with a great show at the Mansion. Again we all cried at Celebrate America. Kaelyn got the autograph of the little girl in the show who was amazing. She can really yodel. Jake wanted to talk to her because she is the same age as he, but he chickened out in the end. His face was very red. We followed the show with a great lunch with some fun family members. Gene and Rita joined us and Jim and Ardith happened to be in town also so we got to have lunch with them.
Off we went to Silver Dollar City. Burr it was so cold most of the big coasters were shut down. :(
We still had a great time and got some fun pictures.
See I was there. Bet you didn't think you would see me.
I was hoping for a good Christmas card photo. I think I got one and I didn't post it so you will have to wait for it to come in the mail!
Huge gorgeous Christmas tree.
Cody and Jake with the huge tree.
Holly and Billy fitting I think!
Jake in cuffs. Can anyone tell me where I could get one of these? At least then I would all ways know where he is.
Train ride, lots of fun. We stopped further down the tracks and listened to "Grandpa" tell the story of Christ's birth. Very moving, hopefully it will remind everyone the Reason for the Season!
On Sunday we got up and took the kids for warm Krispie Creme donuts. A ritual for sure, they couldn't believe how soft they were. Yumm I am ready for more.
We went to the Titanic. You couldn't take any pictures inside. Which is sad cuz it was beautiful. We all cried, mom because her entire family was wiped out, me because the beauty of the staircase overwhelmed me, Holly because she cries if we do.
Bet you can't find the Allison in this picture.
1 comment:
Awesome. I feel like I went on the trip with you. So cool. Great memories!!!!
Post a Comment