Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

On Monday the 13Th mom and I took the daycare kids to Meier's Pumpkin Patch. It was a bit of an overcast day which was great because it keep it from being to busy. The kids didn't have any school and mom was off work so it worked out great for us to go. It didn't start to rain until we were eating our lunch at McDonald's. This patch is great for so many reasons. They have huge slides and blow up jumping toys. They have big areas of places to jump into straw. They have a hay rack ride and a large patch for picking your own pumpkin.




The kids love to pick their own pumpkins and we take them home and color them with markers on a different day.






You can see that they love the big slides. This year I paired a school kid up with a preschool kid and I think it worked really well. Of course they were all ways somewhere where mom or I could see them but this gave the older kids a little more responsibility and the little kids love to hang out with the "big" kids. I am very lucky this year to not have any strollers or diapers and I have to admit that I like it that way. Yes I get sad for a baby occasionally but the freedom to go this year has been nice.
There is no way I could go and do this without mom. Thanks MOM!!





1 comment:

Steph Myrick said...

Love being able to see the blog! The kids are all so cute. I know Erica just thinks you are the best! Thanks so much for sharing with us!